It is April and we are readying the Sail Buffalo campus for boating season. And we aren’t just waiting for the ice to melt on Lake Erie (read about our huge ice cap here). Simultaneous developments are underway! Check it out and come see for yourself. We welcome volunteers and visitors. Sail Buffalo is open daily from 8-8! Or Contact Us!
- In short order, we must get the boats ready and launch docks. The water and sewer must be installed in all buildings. It’s been a cold winter but we persevered and four new buildings were added to the campus: The Sailing and Science Center and three new Fishing Huts! These new buildings will be painted in pastel colors when the warmer weather sets in, for some it may even remind them of the Caribbean.
- Under development this spring is the “Bright Star Cafe”. This new program is aimed at serving the public some refreshments while we teach! New chairs and benches will be located around the area.
- Our resident tree sculptor has 2 new trees he will work on this spring! So excited to see his these new works of art!
- The newly built “Sailing and Science Pavilion” just had its first group inquiry: a group of boy scouts want to come down for a day by the water. We will teach them new skills on land – in the new greenhouse with its 12 raised beds – as well as on sea! If you have a group of students that would like to rent the pavilion or if you are teacher who would like to take your students on a field trip to see the campus – call us at (716) 432-6589 or Contact Us.
- Our “Fisherman Huts” will come into very good use as workshops and classroom space. We are currently outfitting them for our summer programming.
- Enter Buffalo Harbor Sailing Club T-Shirt Design Contest – $100 Prize – Check out all the submission guidelines and requirements here!
- The SAILING CLASS for 5/23 IS already FULL! Don’t miss your opportunity to learn to sail this summer. Sign up here.